Teal News 2009

Home | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

2009 March 30

Dr Wilson R  Siddall

Dr Wilson R Siddall, Head of St. Margaret's Bay, passed away March 30, 2009, lovingly attended by his family. He was born in Pubnico, the son of the late Dr. Alvin and Dorothy (Rudolph) Siddall. He graduated in 1957 from Dalhousie Medical School and practiced family medicine for 34 years in Port Hawkesbury, Cape Breton. He retired in 1994 and moved to Head of St. Margaret's Bay to be closer to his family. Although he was a dedicated physician, his favorite times were spent with his family at "the cottage" in Marble Mountain on the Bras d'Or Lakes. In his lifetime he enjoyed many interests and hobbies which included woodworking, recreational flying, boating, car restoration, hunting, fishing, reading, cribbage and Texas Hold'Em. Most recently he enjoyed his hours spent at the computer writing short stories about his family and some of his life's adventures. He leaves behind a written legacy that will be forever enjoyed by his loved ones. Those closest to him knew him as a sensitive, thoughtful man, who never forgot a birthday or family milestone. He is survived by his wife, Ruth (MacDonald); children, Kevin (Kathy), Halifax; Wendy (Rick Durkee), Yarmouth; Wade, Halifax; Kim (Felix D'Eon), West Pubnico; Jill (Lawrence Mason), Hammonds Plains; grandchildren, Kaleigh, Lindsay, Marc, Holly (Justin Blunden and little Michaela), Mark, Brian, Matthew, Jacob, and Joel, who will all miss their "Papa"; "little" sister, Sharon, Dartmouth; nieces and nephews, Kelley, Stephanie, Joanne, James, Dorothy, Greg. He was predeceased by his brothers, Olin and Graham. Funeral service was held on Thursday, April 2, in St. Luke's United Church, Tantallon.

Dr Siddall was the owner of Schweizer TSC-1A2 Teal II, C-GNKQ, s/n 26, which he purchased new from Canadian dealer Tom Martindale in 1975.  Only four months later, August 11, 1975, Dr Siddall lost his Teal, when she sank in the remote lake "St. Paul's Pond" in New Foundland, probably due to a missing drain plug.  Dr. Siddall and passenger were lost for 5 days, before they were rescued.


Home | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

Updated: 2015-04-15


2009-2015 Steinar Saevdal